The Nebraska Colon
Cancer Screening Program
helps men and women 50 years of
age and older make decisions
about colon cancer screening.
Services may include:
For free or low cost screening,
- fecal occult blood test (FOBT) kit
for at home testing
- information about healthy living
Services Provided by the Nebraska Colon Cancer Screening Program
- Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT) annually, if determined to be the best screening test based on your health history
- Colonoscopy as initial screening test, if determined to be the best screening test based on your health history
- Colonoscopy following a positive Fecal Occult Blood Test
Any Nebraska man or women, between the ages of 50 to 74, who meet income guidelines, is eligible to fill out the paperwork to receive program services. Call the program at 1-800-532-2227 to request the enrollment paperwork.
If you are already enrolled in Every Woman Matters (a program that can help pay for health check-ups for women between the ages of 40 and 74 who meet income eligibility guidelines), you may have already received information about the Nebraska Colon Cancer Screening Program.